C.A.T.E.S. Academy is a PACE Based, Homework Free School that provides ‘individualized therapeutic education’ to those youth who may be having difficulties in other, more traditional educational environments. The word C.A.T.E.S. is an acronym that means Cognitive, Assessment, Therapeutic, Educational Support.
C.A.T.E.S. Academy may be for you!
A creation of 4Families, Inc, C.A.T.E.S. Academy is:
- Individualized Therapeutic Education: We create a nurturing atmosphere for students who may need a different way of learning.
- Small Classrooms. The average teacher to student ratio is 1:4 or 5.
- All year (12 month) enrollment. With our C.A.T.E.S. Summer programs, we provide consistency throughout the year.
- PACE Based: Emphasis in not on grades but PACE, which means Preparation, Aptitude, Creativity & Excellence. A youth is not hindered by grade but can PACE forward and get ahead.
- Cognitive testing and assessment. At the outset and on a consistent basis, a student is evaluated using the TOMAL (memory and learning) and TOVA (attention) tests.
- Individualized Therapeutic Plan (ITP): An ITP is a fluid, 3-5 page document that establishes educational and therapeutic goals for both home and school. It is updated on a regular basis.
- Family Consultation, Coaching and Support: Our goal is to help provide a positive structure ‘from sun-up to sundown’.
- Grades: Grades are de-emphasized. A student will generally get A’s and B’s because a student does not move forward until s/he achieves an 80 or higher on tested material.
- Targeted Therapies for Child and/or Family: Depending on the child’s needs, we provide ongoing therapeutic support that is integrated into the overall plan.
- Positive Classroom Atmosphere: We call it the 90-10 Rule. Our goal is to give positive affirmation 90% of the time.
- Extra-Curricular Activities: Active breaks throughout the day keep serotonin levels high.
- Homework Free: Our goal is that they do the work at school. Evenings are reserved for family
The C.A.T.E.S. Academy difference…
C.A.T.E.S. Academy uses an innovative blending of individualized curriculum, therapeutic techniques, and family consultation and support. This provides a structured environment that strengthens a youth’s home life, enables healthy relationships with peers and others, and provides optimum specialized educational support, thus giving each youth the tools to reach their full potential.
How does this unique combination work for your child?
- It focuses on the challenge for change or adjustment
- It unlocks a student’s maximum potential who may have faced challenges
- It strengthens the child’s home life
- Healthy relationships are developed with peers and others
Our goal is to develop satellite locations in and around the Nashville are. Our current location is at 1106 Hadley Avenue, Old Hickory, TN.