- Matt: 6:9-13 – The Lord’s Prayer:
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For yours is the kingdom, power and glory forever, Amen
- Matt 11:28-30 – 28Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
- Hebrews 4:12 – 12For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
- Matt 6:34 – 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
- Proverbs 14:26: Whoever fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for their children it will be a refuge.
- Mahatma Gandhi: I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
- Anonymous: Never do something permanently foolish just because you are temporarily upset.
- Ephesians 4:29: Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
- Calvin: ‘some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don’t help.”
- Lao Tzu: The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
- Psalm 23:
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want;
2he makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;[a]
3 he restores my soul.[b]
He leads me in paths of righteousness[c]
for his name’s sake.
4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,[d]
I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
5You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil,
my cup overflows.
- Christopher Robin: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
- S. Lewis: True humility is not thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less.