What is Family Counseling?
Whether a child is in one of our programs or not, we may recommend that your youth and family is involved in Therapy or what we call Family Counseling. Family Counseling is ‘a listening ear’. All of our Therapeutic programs are ‘covered’ with the support and expertise of Licensed Therapists and Counselors.
There are two types of Counseling that we can provide. They are:
If your child is struggling in his/her current school setting due to a number of circumstances, (behavior, bullying, mental health issues, anxiety, ADHD, etc.) we can counsel you through next steps towards your child’s success. We will:
- Assess your current situation
- Recommend next steps
There are a number of ways that we can assist you:
- C.A.T.E.S. Academy: C.A.T.E.S. Academy is a PACE Based, Homework Free School that provides ‘individualized therapeutic education’ to those youth who may be having difficulties in other, more traditional educational environments. The word C.A.T.E.S. is an acronym that means Cognitive, Assessment, Therapeutic, Educational Support. If you would like more information on C.A.T.E.S. Academy, click here.
- Homeschool Support: If you are thinking about homeschooling your child, we can help. Drs. Paul & Kirk Cates, world renowned educators, have partnered with us to provide much needed services for families like yours. They will:
- Evaluate your child: Using the TOMAL (memory and learning) and TOVA (attention) tests, they will assess your child and develop a curriculum and structure (involving breaks and encouragement) that will give your child the best opportunities.
- Provide ongoing Counseling and support to ensure that your child is on track with their education goals.
In our effort to provide the best services for our families, we have entered into a partnership with Dr. Paul Cates and Faith Christian Academy. If you would like more information on Homeschool Support and how Drs. Paul & Kirk Cates can be of assistance to you, click here.
In all of our programs, Therapeutic Counseling is a cornerstone of what we do.
…Your child is enrolled in C.A.T.E.S. Academy, depending on the Track that your child is in, we will either recommend or require that your child receives counseling. If your child is already receiving counseling, we will want to connect with the Therapist so we can integrate their recommendations into our overall program.
…We recommend other options for your child that include Therapeutic Counseling. We have developed a partnership with Dr. Eboni Webb and The Village of Kairos to provide the best services available. If you would like more information on Dr. Webb and The Village of Kairos, click here.
If you would like more information on Family Counseling, contact us @ (844) 54-FAMILY or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.