Charis Woods after-School offers exciting opportunities that are designed to challenge a child’s thinking & motivation.
What is C.A.T.E.S. after-School?
C.A.T.E.S. after-School is a program that provides exciting after-school/weekend opportunities that are designed to challenge a youth’s thinking and motivation. Our goal is to provide a structure of ‘opportunity’ for each youth, which in turn helps them understand that there is a better path for their life.
C.A.T.E.S. after-School is a seamless extension to C.A.T.E.S. Students of C.A.T.E.S. Academy are automatically a part of C.A.T.E.S. after-School. Students can also be involved in C.A.T.E.S. after-School without being in C.A.T.E.S. Academy. More information on this later. (For more information on Charis Woods Academy, click here.)
There are three goals that we try to accomplish in all of the after-school programs.
- We Redirect. Using structured activities called C’sing the Moments, themes include:
- Creature: Using Creatures as a form of therapy, we have worked with dogs, horses and chickens, etc. Our current Creature Programs include:
- Concert: Life can be a symphony or a cacophony of noise. We teach youth discipline through the beauty of music. Our current Concert Program includes:
- A Different Drummer: We teach drumming using buckets, cans and just about anything that will make noise. For more information about A Different Drummer, click here.
- Craft: Using the arts, we work with youth to develop something that they can call their own. Our current Craft Programs include:
- Sew What: Our youth are involved in learning to sew by designing and creating pillows, clothes and quilts. For more information about Sew What, click here.
- HeART 3D: The purpose of HeART 3D is to create a number of 3D murals in and around Murfreesboro, TN. For more information on our partnership with Tang Dongbai, a world renowned Chinese airbrush artist, HeART 3D, and how it benefits our youth, click here.
- Classy: Classy is instilling confidence in what it means to be a lady or a gentleman. Sometimes, we take girls out for a makeover. Other times, we may teach boys and girls how to dance.
- Cultivation: Agriculture is filled with many activities that provide hard work and discipline for youth. Our current Cultivation Program includes:
- Cultiv8: In the spring, we are partnering with the Emmanuel Foundation and Cultiv8 to create a garden. For more information on our partnership with these organizations and how it benefits our youth, click here.
- Culinary: Culinary is using food as a creative way to express oneself as well as serve others. We teach youth to create, combine, cook and cater. Our current Culinary Program includes:
- Eat and Greet: On a regular basis, our youth cook meals for invited guests. They create the menu, cook the meal and serve the guests. As a part of the program, they may share a story, quote or scripture. For more information, on Eat and Greet, click here.
- Community: Recognizing the need for a healthy community of friends to help keep us encouraged and grounded in life, we provide opportunities that support others in need. Sometimes we may experience a field trip with a Home School group. Other times, we may do team building with a youth group .
- Care: Giving to others is important in helping youth see someone as more important than themselves. Sometimes we may go to a nursing home. Other times, we may help at a dog shelter.
- Conquer: There many challenges in life. Using sports, we will teach what it means to conquer those challenges with confidence. Our current Conquer Programs include:
- On the Run: Running has been proven to give discipline and confidence. Our youth are involved in a training program that is designed to help them master the 5k. For more information about On the Run, click here.
- We Respond. C.A.T.E.S. builds up youth through positive reinforcement for what is good in them (rather than breaking their spirit by pointing out their failures). Every week, we use themes for challenge, and every day we teach something that pertains to the theme. A sample of themes includes Confidence, Grateful, Anger, Forgiveness and Joy, to name a few.
- We Rejoice. The joy of the Lord is our strength. Our faith is lived and not forced. We are saved by grace but a youth can only understand grace if grace is given. Though there are consequences to actions, our goal is to find every opportunity to see the good that God has instilled in their lives. Each day, we memorize scripture or famous quotes that support our theme of the week. For more information on current quotes and scripture, click here.
If you think that this type of after-school program may be a good fit for your child, please contact us first @ (844) 54-FAMILY or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your student is in The T.O.P., The T.O.P. Flex or C.A.T.E.S. Academy, fees for C.A.T.E.S. after-School are included in the overall cost of each of the above programs. If you would like for your child to be in C.A.T.E.S. after-School only, please contact us at the below number or e-mail and we will discuss our reasonable fees with you.
If you would like to know more about C.A.T.E.S. after-School and how it may help your child, contact us @ (844) 54-Family or e-mail @ email@example.com.