The C.A.T.E.S. Academy provides a structured environment that strengthens their home life, enables healthy relationships with peers and others, thus giving them the tools to reach their full potential.
A creation of 4Families, Inc, C.A.T.E.S. Academy is…
…‘individualized therapeutic education’
…designed to reduce anxiety and build confidence, establishing an atmosphere of nurture, encouragement and success.
How C.A.T.E.S. Academy makes a difference…
C.A.T.E.S. Academy uses an innovative blending of individualized curriculum, therapeutic techniques, and family consultation and support. This provides a structured environment that strengthens their home life, enables healthy relationships with peers and others, thus giving them the tools to reach their full potential.
The C.A.T.E. Academy process…
Blending therapeutic techniques and individualized curriculum for the best success, we:
- Evaluate Every Child – Dr. Paul Cates
Professional Cognitive Testing and Assessment is done to determine each child’s learning style, competency levels in all subject matters, talents and abilities.
- Develop a Therapeutic Education Plan (TEP) – Dr. Paul Cates & Kent Robson
Through a series of 4-5 assessments and interviews, a TEP is developed for the family and child, and a Track is recommended based on a child’s specific therapeutic/educational needs.
- Track 1: TEP at School and Focused Goals & Support at Home (Maximum Support)
- Track 2: TEP at School and Consistent Goals & Support at Home (Medium Support)
- Track 3: TEP at School & Support at Home (As Needed)
- C.A.T.E.S. Academy – Headmaster Kent Robson & Lead Educator Karen Robson
C.A.T.E.S. Academy provides:
- Small Classrooms. The average teacher to student ratio is 1:4
- All year (12 month) enrollment. With our summer program, we provide consistency throughout the year.
- Extra-curricular activities throughout the day to keep serotonin levels high.
- The 90-10 Rule: Our goal is to give positive affirmation 90% of the time.
- 1 on 1 instruction and a teacher to student ratio of no higher than 1:4-5
- No homework, thus giving time to other family pursuits at home
- Consistent positive structure ‘from sun-up to sundown.
- Year round, 12 month schedule for a consistency of positive structure.
- Positive classroom that encourages friendship and teamwork.
- Enhanced “after-school program”, providing outlets of passionate interest for each child
- Therapeutic Support – Dr. Eboni Webb
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and other Trauma Based Therapy is provided to those children and families where therapy will enhance overall success.
How does this unique combination work for your child
- Focuses on the challenge for change or adjustment
- Unlocks a student’s maximum potential who have faced challenges
- Strengthens the child’s home life
- Healthy relationships with peers and others
Our Therapeutic Educational Team:
- C.A.T.E.S. Academy – Head Master Kent Robson
Kent Robson has extensive experience in Non-Profit Management, Fund Development & Business Development. For 30 years, he has worked in numerous leadership roles in Non-Profit organizations. In 2013, as CEO of Salem4Youth, a Faith Based Residential Program in Illinois for young men, ages 12-17, he continually saw the desperation of families at their wits end. He has years of experience working with youth and families and ‘understands the pulse’ of a family in crisis.
Because of his vision to give families help and hope, specifically to adoptive youth and families, in August, 2013, Kent and his wife Karen moved to Brentwood, TN to develop 4Families, Inc. and C.A.T.E.S. Academy.
- Faith Christian Academy – Internationally renowned Drs. Paul & Kirk Cates
Dr. Paul Cates has devoted the past 50 years to childhood development, education, and spiritual training. Specializing in anxiety and disorders, he has a B.A. in Clinical Psychology, M.A. in Reading and Learning Disabilities, and a Ph.D. in eight areas including a major in Curriculum and Instruction. Dr. Paul and Dr. Kirk Cates have jointly published hundreds of articles in educational journals including the Journal of Neuropsychiatric and Clinical Neuroscience.
Faith Christian Academy is an accredited school program and Cadence Academy is under its umbrella. Dr. Paul Cates provides educational training and therapeutic direction and support to the staff at Cadence Academy.
- The Village of Kairos – Dr. Eboni Webb
The Village of Kairos, offers diverse Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for trauma-based disorders and co-occurring disorders. Dr. Webb has developed two special treatment programs for clients with developmental disabilities and borderline-intellectual functioning. She continues to serve as an advisor to the Dialectical Behavior Therapy National Certification and Accreditation Association (DBTNCAA), and has conducted DBT trainings internationally.